Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Re: finding our true self truly the center of it all

Well Doug & Allan may I have this first dance with you? What you said about being the center of it all
I always have Deepak's Merlin book close to me. I was just reading the chapter about Merlin teaching Arthur that he is the center of the universe no matter where you go:


Merlin's robe was embroidered with moons and stars, and the boy Arthur wondered why that was so. "Let me show you" Merlin offered. He took Arthur and sat him on a hilltop. "Now tell me the farthest thing you can see" 
"I see the forest extending for miles until it reaches the horizon. That's as far as I can see"said Arthur.
"And what is farther than that?" Merlin asked.
"the edge of the world, the sky, and the sun, I suppose"
Arthur said.
"And beyond that? " The stars and them empty space, extending to infinity."
"And would that be true if I turned you around? " asked Merlin. The boy nodded. "very good, "the wizard said. "Now follow me. "He led the boy to the stream where they often napped in the afternoon. "Now what is the farthest thing you can see?" Merlin asked. "I cant see very far in deep woods like this, only to the last bend of the stream down there. "Artur pointed about a hundred yards off. "But you know that the stream runs to the sea, and the sea to the horizon?" Arthur agreed. "Then the horizon would give way to the edge of the world, the sky, the sun, the stars, and infinte empty space, just as before?" Merlin said. "Yes" Arthur replied. Once more the wizard looked pleased and led his disciple in to the crystal cave. "Now what is the farthest you can see? he asked.
"It is dim, and all I can see are the walls of the cave," but before you ask me, I will agree that outside this cave are the forest , the hills, the horizon, the sky, sun, stars, and empty space.
"Then mark well," Merlin said in a louder voice. "No matter where you go, the same infinity extends in all directions. You are thus the center of the universe no matter where you go."
"That seems like a trick" Arthur protested. "No, the trick is played by your senses, which fool you into believing that you are locilized, In truth, every point in the cosmos is the same point, a focus for infinity in all directions. There is no here or there, no near of far. As the wizard sees it, there is only everywhere and nowhere. Knowing this you would were moons and stars too. Without the illusion of your senses, you would realize that the moon and stars are right here beside you".
When will I realize that?" The boy asked.
"In time, as the turmoil of your soul settles, you will see the heavens in your own being."


c) Deepak Chopra- The way of the wizard ISBN 0-517-70434-X

To me this book is sync. All the things I know inside but could never explain suddenly came to me 2 years ago on Christmas. A woman whom Id met on a forum but never met in person send it to me all the way from the USA it came at exactly the right time and it taught me that there really is no distance. Perception is everything, and I think that the Mask of God is the perfect name for this initiative.


<3

en:


“God is an intelligible sphere, whose center is everywhere, and whose circumference is nowhere.”  
;)
to look out is to look in. . . .


"As viewed by astronauts from the moon, the earth lacks those lines of sociopolitical division that are so prominent on maps. And as recognized here below, the web of interlacing socioeconomic dependencies that now enfolds the planet is of one life. All that is required is a general change of vision to accord with these contemporary facts. And that this will occur is certain. It is, in fact, already occurring. Moreover, the vision required is nothing new, nor unnatural. What are unnatural, artificial, and contrived, are the separations."

Joseph Campbell, The Inner Reaches of Outer Space, p. 124.



"In time, as the turmoil of your soul settles, you will see the heavens in your own being."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...